Thu, Jan 27|
Cream City Construction Conference and Small Business Accelerator
Husch Blackwell has teamed up with a number of Milwaukee-area organizations to host the Cream City Construction Conference and Small Business Accelerator in support of Milwaukee’s minority contractors.
Time & Location
Jan 27, 2022, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Milwaukee, 424 E Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
About the event
We invite you to a dynamic afternoon of training and networking. The event will offer training on subjects critical to minority construction and development businesses such as legal assistance, accounting, insurance, construction contracting and overall risk management. You’re also invited to join us for a networking session full of opportunities to meet and develop relationships with some of the larger construction companies and developers.
The event is part of Husch Blackwell’s Communities for Change initiative, together with the firm's Construction Academy, and our efforts to identify areas of need in Milwaukee’s construction community and to contribute our resources and talents to promote equity, inclusion and justice.
· Breachless Execution: Essential embrace of agreements
· A,B,C’s of 1,2,3: Crucial balance sheet and project accounting concerns
· Equity for Equality: Borrowing for growth
· Risk Management: Insuring success
· Prequalification: Getting on bid lists
· Governmental Relations
Husch Blackwell Presenters Kristen Cherry, Attorney, Husch Blackwell Valerie Johnston, Attorney, Husch Blackwell Michael J. Kelly, Attorney, Husch Blackwell Joshua B. Levy, Partner, Husch Blackwell Quinncy McNeal, Pro Bono Counsel, Husch Blackwell Rebecca H. Mitich, Partner, Husch Blackwell Samantha R. Schacht, Attorney, Husch Blackwell
Guest Presenters & Sponsors Mikelis J. Abuls, Executive Vice President, CG Schmidt Brendan Bush, Commercial Risk and Insurance Advisor, M3 Insurance Carla Cross, President and CEO, Cross Management Services Lafayette Crump, Commissioner, City of Milwaukee Raquel Filmanowicz, Director of Economic Equity Advisory Group, BMO Harris Bank Lucas Rocole, Partner, Wipfli Ugo Nwagbaraocha, President, Wisconsin’s National Association of Minority Contractors
Agenda 3:00 p.m. – Registration 3:30 p.m. – Program begins 6:10 p.m. – Networking
Who Should Attend Executives and professionals from established and developing firms that go to market as contractors and subcontractors; engineers and architects; construction lenders and borrowers; real estate developers and investors.
Attendee Personal Accountability Commitment Husch Blackwell is committed to the well-being of our attendees, staff and vendors by producing a safe, inclusive and positive event experience.
· Husch Blackwell’s COVID-19 Vaccine Policy requires all event attendees and vendors to be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is defined as being two weeks beyond receiving your final vaccination.
· We ask all attendees to self-evaluate their health status prior to attending and stay home if sick.
· The CDC continues to recommend wearing a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high community transmission.
· Please adhere to social distancing protocols while at the event.
· Contact event organizers if you feel unwell at any time during the event or if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after the event. This will initiate confidential contact tracing.
· Due to evolving federal, state and local rules, restrictions, orders and guidance, we will adapt our procedures and communicate updates to this policy as applicable.
· By registering to attend the event you agree to comply with Husch Blackwell’s Attendee Personal Accountability Commitment as listed above.
Questions? Contact Emily Schumacher at 816.983.8776.